Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Mega Post


Ada is so full of new things these days, there is an endless supply of blog possibilities. However, she also keeps me so busy, I end up running out of time to blog about any of them. Since I'm not optimistic that my blogging is going to get more frequent in the near future, I'm going to post as much as I can now. If you are one who likes regular updates, then just read this in istallments.
Ada's Room
I have more or less finished Ada's room. At least to a point that I am really happy with. I still have a few commissioned art pieces coming, but for the time being, I think it has turned out really cute.


The best part about her room is there is plenty of room to play. And I have finally been able to move most of the toys out of the living room, where they are a complete eye sore, into her room, where they just look as if they belong. And she loves it. It is so cute when Matilyn comes over and they run into her room and pull out all of her toys. And then fight over them.

First Real Haircut
As you all know, I first cut Ada's bangs back in February and have been doing them myself ever since. But lately, I've come to realize that her hair is becoming unruly and in need of professional grooming. And since we like them to do everything together, Miss Katy thought the same for Matilyn so we took them to have their first real haircuts.
This turned out to be a tiny bit saddening as it made us realize they are such big girls. Seriously, time, SLOW DOWN. Unless, of course we are talking about bringing on this next baby; in that case, hurry up.

4th of July and Miss Priss
We had a fun-filled, albeit labor-free, 4th of July weekend. We went to a couple of backyard cookouts and watched lots of fireworks. Ada has not been nearly the water baby this summer that she was last year and getting her into the pool has been difficult, at best. But I did purchase a great blowup pool in which she is very comfortable, and BONUS: it is plenty big for me soak in as well. Anyhow, we took it to the neighbors so all the kids could play. Ada hopped right in with all the boys, and her sunglasses, and just lounged. It was hillarious.

As for the fireworks, I thought they might scare her a bit, or get her attention at the very least. Not a chance. She hardly even noticed they were going off. Of course, it was 9:30, a good 1.5 hours past her bed time and she was so exhausted, she couldn't even stand up straight. Maybe next year.
In other news, she seems to now be going through a pushing phase, which is mortifying for a parent. She pushed a little boy in the face at a party last night and when I demanded that she tell him she was sorry, she looked at him, then at me, and clear as a bell said, "Not sorry." Wha-what?! I had no idea she has come to a place where she had now has an opinion on whether or not she is sorry. Needless to say, I yanked her behind out of there and gave her a spanking when she continued to refuse to apologize. Turns out, she was being pushed around at church last week and figured out maybe there is something to this pushing thing. No matter where or how she learned it, it won't be tolerated. But it was shocking to discover.
I think I can safely say the Terrible Two's have arrived. And just in time for a new baby. Yay.

No comments: