Thursday, November 13, 2008

BFF

So before Ada, there was Trudy. Our first love. And before Ada, I never imagined loving someone more than Trudy (Kyle aside, of course). In fact, I can remember lying on the couch 8 & 1/2 months pregnant with Trudy and thinking, "After this baby is born, I think I'm still going to love Trudy most. Kyle & the baby will probably be doing all kinds of stuff together, and Trudy & I will still be hanging out on the couch." Needless to say, and much to Trudy's dismay, things haven't exactly worked out that way.


However, Ada has now discovered her first love, and it is indeed, Trudy. She loves this dog. If Trudy is in the house, Ada is right there beside her. If I need to distract Ada from fussing about who knows what, I'll just say, "Ada, where is Trudy?" And she responds with "Trooo" and goes looking for her as if to say, "I don't know where she is. but I better go find out." Its the best redirecting technique I've found so far.

Anyhow, for Trudy, I'm not sure the feeling is mututal. I mean, she is great with Ada and would never show any agression towards her whatsoever, but she can only take so much invasion of her space. If Trudy is lying on the couch, Ada gets right up there with her. If Trudy is lying in her bed, Ada crawls right in there with her. If Trudy is wandering aimlessly around the house, Ada is a few steps behind. Some might question whether it is love or obsession. It definately borders on the latter.

2 comments:

TeamRiss said...

She looks so comfy with her best buddy! And such a big girl! So fabulous...

The Curtis Family said...

you update as often as me. it's time!